- Birds of prey are seen all around the area -
buzzards, golden eagles, sea eagles and ravens have all been seen from the garden
- A wide variety of garden birds - over 25 species visit the Whindley garden.
- Sea birds can be observed all round the coast -
gannets, fulmars, skuas etc
- Regular visitors to the garden are
pine martens, badgers, hedgehog, voles, slow worms etc.
- Scanning some of the more remote hillsides can reveal deer, feral goats, grouse, etc.
- A red squirrels have been introduced near Dundonnel on the Ullapool Road.
- Close encounters with porpoise, dolphin and whales can be gained from boat trips out of Gairloch harbour. Try Hebridean Whale Cruises, Gairloch Marine Life Cruises, or The Glass Bottom Boat.
- Wild About Gairloch Week is held every year in the Summer.